You’ve gotten through most of the items on your checklist and wait….we need FAVOURS??
Let us rephrase that: you don’t need favours. Details like this are really personal preference. Let’s say you decide you want to include favours, a small gift of appreciation to thank them for being part of your wedding day. Out with the packs of tissues and hand fans, here are some of our favorite favour ideas that will be meaningful to you, useful to your guests, and won’t accidentally be left at the table at the end of the night (we’re all guilty of it!)
- If you’re looking for a tasty treat, put together a package of assorted chocolates, candies, mini cupcakes, a donut, or even a build-your-own s’more kit. These goodies are sure to be loved by your guests and are a perfect pick me up for that sweet tooth during the reception.
- Mini bottles of hot sauce, olive oil, jam, or honey are the perfect condiment for a guest to complete their meal with. Plus, these bottles or jars can be customized with a custom label or photo of you as a couple!
- For the favour that quenches their thirst, get small bags of your favorite ground coffee, mini champagne bottles, or build your own cocktail with a mini bottle of your favorite alcohol and a shot glass. Your guests are sure to include in a toast your great taste in favours!
- If you know your guests love to travel, give them something practical like a luggage tag! Now we don’t recommend putting your names on these, but you could customize them with a favorite quote, or for smaller guest counts, customizing each one with your guests’ names and leave them at each place setting!
- If favours are in the cards for your wedding day, consider a custom pack of playing cards! Not only are these practical and fun, but they can be customized in so many ways from something as simple as your names and wedding date on the box or cards, to photos of you as a couple. Don’t be afraid to get creative with it!
- The perfect match! While you may have found yours, help your guests find theirs. It’s a simple favour, but you never know when a box of matches will come in handy!
- If you and your guests plan to party hard, help nurse them back to health with a hangover rescue kit! Include the basics like a mini bottle of water, pain relief, and even some hair of the dog. Your guests will thank you later!
- With more couples including their furry friends in their wedding day celebrations, this favour is sure to be a hit. Alongside favours for the humans, have a station where guests can build their own (or have pre-prepared) doggy treat bags to take home to their pets!
There really is an endless amount of options when it comes to how to thank your guests! What favours do you favour for your big day?